For our development team in our office in Potsdam (near Berlin, Germany) we are looking for a motivated DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) to develop and maintain our cloud services.
Job type: Full-time, part-time possible
Experience level: Mid-level, Senior Role: DevOps Engineer
Company size: 1-10
Company type: private
Industry: Information Technology
The 4Cast GmbH & Co KG has been founded in 2016 as a joint venture of wind power pioneers and AI-experts. We are a growing team of highly skilled experts in machine learning, physics, non-linear dynamics, flow-systems and meteorology.
The purpose of the company is the development of energy-related AI solutions for the prediction of future power production, power consumption, wind studies and other related quantities. On one hand, 4Cast develops its own ML portfolio for prediction, on the other hand 4Cast offers services as contracted ML development and consulting.
The 4Cast system is based on weather forecasts as issued by the national weather services and all kind of location- based production-related data, in particular regarding wind turbines and solar power plants.
4Cast is contributing to international research and development projects like the EU project MAELSTROM (www.maelstrom-eurohpc.eu) and is collaborating with different reasearch institutes and science partners.
About the job
For our development team in our office in Potsdam (near Berlin, Germany) we are looking for a motivated DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) to develop and maintain our cloud services:
- Responsibility for setting up and maintaining GitLab, CI-, configuration and deployment tools.
- Responsibility for development operations that can balance service reliability and delivery speed.
- Contribution to company culture with technical aspects.
- Contribution to security and overall code quality of the development team.
- You will work within the Scrum framework in a team.
- You will design, develop and maintain features and functionalities of our platform.
- You will create the necessary feedback loops to communicate the current state to the stakeholders
- The tech stack includes Postgresql, Kubernetes, CI/CD with Gitlab, HELM charts for in-hause use services (Nextcloud, RocketChat, SFTP Server), Grafana for Monitoring, Airflow, Service APIs (AWS, Google Cloud Platform) as much as Bash & Python scripts in particular Django Framework and Python AI packages
- A degree in Computer Science or a comparable education level
- Proficiency with Kubernetes, infrastructure as code tools, container orchestration technologies
- Proficiency in cloud environments such as AWS or GCP
- Experience in using CI/CD and DevOps tools such as GitLab-CI, Jenkins, CodeDeploy
- Experience with test approaches (TDD, BDD, etc.)
- Practice in creating tools to monitor real time metrics in the pipeline is a plus
- Experience with Agile methods (Scrum)
- Experience with Timeseries DB (especially Timescale DB) would be a plus
What we offer
- Variety of exciting tasks with high implementation speed and challenges in setting up an expanding company
- Shaping the future of renewable energy by AI
- Curiosity about algorithms, machine learning or mathematics
- Direct communication channels and flat hierarchies through to the CEO
- Authentic and value-oriented corporate culture with a team spirit
- Free coffee, snacks, fruits and beverages
If that sounds like a task that is designed for you then apply preferably digitally to:
4 Cast GmbH & Co. KG